Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hills, Head Wind, Shin Splints

 
Another Sunday, another 5k race!  Again, since I have an injury, I took it easy, or as easy as one can with hills, head winds, and some SERIOUS shin splints (in one leg). 
I did well for the first two miles.  My first mile was the fastest, possibly due to going downhill.  Mile two a little slower but not too shabby.  Mile three.......oh mile three.  First it was all UP hill.  Then there was a good head wind to contend with.  And third, shin splints, in my right shin.  Now I love shin splints, I really do.  But during a race, not so much.
I also made sure to wear a yellow ribbon to show some Boston love and support. 
There was also some pretty good swag after the race.  Along with all that stuff I had a blueberry bagel from Panera.  And not a quarter of a half of a blueberry bagel but a whole bagel.  It was delicious!
 
Now to relax for the rest of the evening.  Maybe celebrate with a little wine ;)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment