Thursday, May 2, 2013

Surgery and Day 1 Post-Op


 Lesson Learned.  When you feel like you might have an injury, get it checked out.  Or wait for MONTHS and continue to run on it and end up like this:
Yep, I'm stuck with a propped up, bandage ankle.  Apparently the surgeon told my husband it was a nasty tear.  I did some real damage.  And now I'm stuck with what feels like a fifty pound bandage.  And some awesome green surgical scrubs because my pants wouldn't fit over the bandage!  Plus they have a nice pocket on the side which makes them useful to carry my mason jar of water!

All the necessities: Gatorade, crutches, saltine crackers, and a stack of magazines including: Shape, Runners World x2, Cosmo, and Glamour.  Still waiting on my books to get here from Amazon.
 
And the cutest nurse ever, Bella.  While Brad takes care of meals and helping me get stuff, Bella is there for comfort and cuddles.  And currently stealing my pillow.  But she is cute, so she can get away with it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment