Thursday, November 29, 2012

Boo to the Ankle

 
Today started out bright and early and the Ortho Surgeon office.  After dealing with an injured left ankle for two months, it was finally time to have it checked out. 
Check out my cute shoes I got yesterday, one CLEARANCE!! 
 
The dreaded bench.  I hate sitting on those at all doctors' offices.  They make me feel like a patient.  Yeah, I know, I was the patient in the office to see the doctor but I would much rather sit in the chair rather than that bench.

 
The overall diagnosis of my ankle: a deformity.  The doctor told me what it was called, but I already forgot.  All I heard was, "No running for at least a week."  All I could think was, "But this is great running weather and I have some BIG goals."  I was also told that my calves were too tight and I need to stretch.  I HATE stretching. 
Beautiful X-ray of my ankle.  If you look closely at the yellow arrows, you can see the deformity.  Apparently, there is a hump on my ankle bone and it's supposed to be a flat bone. 

So now it's me and biking for at least a week!  Let's hope the pain goes away, quickly, so I don't have to face any alternatives!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment