Tuesday, May 7, 2013

From Bandages to Casts

 
Today was my first post-op appointment, and I lost about 50 pounds, in bandages.  Thing was INTENSE!  Besides the mass amount of ace bandages, there was a splint under there and at least one pound of cotton.  No wonder it was painful to get up.  Plus, anytime I looked at my leg I thought "Whoa, edema is getting out of control."
Now I have this beautiful HOT PINK cast for the next week and so many days.  The cast is so much lighter than what was hanging out on my ankle.  This is also the first time I've ever had a cast and wow, what a crazy process.  First, you have to try and bend your ankle up to ninety degrees.  Then you have to sit there while the plaster this thing to your leg.  And after that you have to wait for it to dry before you can leave.  Thankfully, Brad went with me to my appointment and kept me company throughout the process.
Late next week, they cut this thing off, take out my stitches and give me a new cast.  I would have put up the picture of my ankle (stitches and all) but I didn't want to gross anyone out.  You are welcome.

And this is what I woke up to this morning.  Bella, a seventy-eight pound Catahoula, sleeping on top of me.  At least she wasn't sleeping on my ankle!

No comments:

Post a Comment